Business Development Representative
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Join our GTM team
About the company
Blackdot Solutions make investigations software. Our product, Videris, is a global leader. It transforms the way organisations collect, analyse and visualise internet-sourced data. Governments, banks and large organisations use Videris to tackle some of the most complex investigative challenges our society faces. We believe in building a high performance, high growth company and are now ready to accelerate and scale the business. We are looking for people to help us grow and who are eager to be a part of our future success.
Blackdot Solutions is pleased to support a hybrid working model, with employees able to choose to work from home as well as from our office in the south of Cambridge. We ask that employees live within reasonable travel distance of Cambridge or London, so that they can attend client meetings as well as social events and meetings in the office, when required.
About the role
As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for prospecting and qualifying leads across multiple sectors, including financial services, government, corporates and professional services firms in order to generate opportunities for the sales team. This role is ideal for those looking to grow or develop their sales careers and is a core part of Blackdot’s ambitious growth plans. You will be part of a dynamic, agile team, working with Marketing and Sales to deliver great results.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to develop a territory plan of target accounts, and use prospecting strategies to execute initial outreach via phone, email and other channels
- Qualify leads, including those generated by marketing, according to their need, budget and timing
- Ask great questions to help identify the customer’s pain points and needs, in order to position Blackdot’s solution effectively
- Schedule discovery meetings for sales representatives and prospects for qualified leads
- Develop strong knowledge of Videris’ capabilities and be able to clearly articulate its value proposition use cases across multiple stakeholders, from C level to decision makers
- Attend events for networking and lead generation
- Accurately log activities in our CRM platform
- Want to be part of a diverse and talented team in a rapidly growing company
- Report to the Head of Go To Market
We like working with smart, energetic and proactive people who can communicate their ideas well and work well in a team.
This position is core to Blackdot’s future growth and success, and you will have:
- A minimum 1 years’ experience in a business development role in a software or SaaS company
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of business processes and organisational structures
- High levels of energy, persistence, curiosity and organisational skills
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- Competitive salary and comp plan
- 25 days holiday, plus discretionary time off at Christmas, and the flexibility to carry over
- The chance to work with some of the best people in the business
- Strong work-life balance & flexible working
- Potential to participate in bonus and share option schemes
- Vitality health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular socials, including pubs, barbecues, punting and table tennis on tap. We always make time for fun!