Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Blackdot Solutions make investigations software. Our product, Videris, is a global leader. It transforms the way organisations collect, analyse and visualise internet-sourced data. Governments, banks and large organisations use Videris to tackle some of the most complex investigative challenges our society faces. We’re looking for creative self-starters who love working with highly sophisticated and demanding customers to join our fast-paced, dynamic team.
Blackdot Solutions is pleased to support a hybrid working model, with employees able to choose to work from home as well as from our office in the south of Cambridge. We ask that employees live within reasonable travel distance of Cambridge or London, so that they can attend client meetings as well as social events and meetings in the office, when required.
About the role
As a Sales Engineer in our Go To Market team, you will be instrumental in helping drive revenue growth by supporting the technical sales process. You will be responsible for the technical pre-sales activity within new and existing business opportunities across a number of verticals, including enterprise opportunities in Banking and Government.
- Support the pre-sales discovery process; helping uncover the customer’s challenges and aligning Videris to their business objectives and technical requirements
- Design, prepare and deliver customised demos and presentations based on the client’s use cases and objectives
- Understand and be able to present Videris’ architecture and deployment options, engaging our Customer Solutions Engineer and Development team where appropriate
- Be responsible for the technical pre-sales process, including supplying responses to RFIs/RFPs & questionnaires, understanding customers’ IT governance procedures, providing technical documentation and answering questions throughout the sales process
- Help train and support users for short term trials as part of the sales process
- Enable and support GTM partners to be able to position and demo Videris for their prospects
- Work alongside our Customer Success team to support the handover of new sales for successful deployment and to understand our existing clients’ use cases in detail
- Work with Marketing and Product to develop a library of custom demos and technical responses
We like working with smart, energetic and proactive people who can communicate their ideas well and work well in a team.
- This position is core to Blackdot’s future growth and success and has a technical component.
- 1-2 years experience in a technical sales role at a B2B software or tech company, preferably with enterprise accounts.
- You are likely to have a Bachelor’s degree in an information technology or mathematics-related discipline.
- You may have a Bachelor’s degree or experience in Intelligence and Security
- You have natural curiosity and a passion for learning
- You have experience with data analysis, APIs, software deployment options (e.g. SaaS, on Premise), and security
- You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), across both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You would be willing to travel to meet clients across the UK, Europe and further afield.
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- Competitive salary and comp plan
- 25 days holiday, plus discretionary time off at Christmas, and the flexibility to carry over
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Potential to participate in bonus and share option schemes
- Hybrid working: choose to work in the office, at home or a mixture of the two
- Socials: At least two great parties a year, plus pubs, barbeques, punting and table tennis on tap. We always make time for fun!
- Cycle to work scheme