Senior Customer Solutions Engineer
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Join our team at Blackdot Solutions — We’re the brains behind Videris, a cutting-edge platform that helps tackle serious intelligence challenges like terrorism, money laundering and organised crime. Sure, it’s serious stuff, but we believe in the power of technology to do great things.
What you will be doing
As our Senior Customer Solutions Engineer, you will lead the technical relationship with customers’ IT teams. You will lead the pre-sales technical dialogue and the deployment of Videris with large enterprise customers, who are often in the banking sector.
A successful Senior Customer Solutions Engineer will play a key role in the customer lifecycle, working alongside our Sales, Development, Product, Support and Customer Success teams to deliver great results.
- Develop strong technical knowledge of Videris’ architecture and deployment options, working with our Development team
- Liaise closely with our Development and Product teams to stay abreast of the product roadmap for Videris and give input into this
- Working alongside our Sales team, develop a deep understanding of customers’ goals and objectives, and evaluate Videris’ system architecture and deployment options as part of the technical pre-sales process
- Collaborate with customers’ IT, IT governance and project management teams to explain, plan and execute the deployment
- Take the lead fulfilling customers’ IT governance procedures, including supplying responses to questionnaires, providing technical documentation and answering questions
- Be the voice of the customer to communicate needs, gaps, and enhancements to our product to our Product and Development teams and company leadership
- Work alongside our Customer Success and Support teams to monitor the technical success of the deployment
We like working with smart people who can communicate their ideas well and bring their team along with them; no idea is a bad idea. You will be expert at what you do, but keen to experience new ideas and to learn further.
This position is one of our more senior roles and has a strong technical component, requiring:
- You are likely to have a Bachelor’s degree in an information technology or mathematics-related discipline. You may also have postgraduate technical qualifications
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical role such as solution architect, technical lead or enterprise architect
- A broad understanding of enterprise IT systems in a senior development, DevOps or systems integration role
- Broad experience of modern software delivery including cloud (e.g. AWS) and knowledge of technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes as well as experience installing or administering micro-services or N-tier technology stacks
- You may also have SaaS operations knowledge
- Pre-sales, consulting or customer-facing experience with strong interpersonal and communication skills too
- B2B software company experience would be an advantage
We are pleased to support a hybrid working model, with employees able to choose to work from home as well as from our office in the south of Cambridge.
We ask that employees live within reasonable travel distance of Cambridge or London, so that they can work in the office as needed, as well as attend in-person meetings (including social events) as scheduled.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus discretionary time off at Christmas, and the flexibility to carry over
- The chance to work with some of the best people in the business
- Strong work-life balance & flexible working
- Professional development days & Pluralsight Enterprise Training Package
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Socials: Like everyone, our social lives have been disrupted recently, but we are now getting back to our normal levels of socials, including pubs, barbeques, punting and table tennis on tap. We always make time for fun!