Senior Software Engineer
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Join our team at Blackdot Solutions — We’re the brains behind Videris, a cutting edge platform that helps tackle serious intelligence challenges like terrorism, money laundering and organised crime. Sure, it’s serious stuff, but we believe in the power of technology to do great things.
A day in the life of a Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact and be right at the heart of Blackdot contributing to the architectural direction of the tech and most of/if not all the components. You’ll have real autonomy as part of an agile development team, surrounded by some of the brightest people in the game.
Our platform, Videris, is used by governments and large commercial organisations across the world to solve complex investigative challenges. The majority of our codebase is written in C# and Typescript / Node.JS. We make use of WPF and Angular in our front-end and you’ll also need to be familiar with some of the back-end components in our technology stack. We’re talking MongoDB, SQL Server, ElasticSearch and RabbitMQ. We package our backend services using Docker (running under Linux) and use Kubernetes to orchestrate their deployment. Oh, and we use Git for source control, Artifactory for storing artefacts and Jenkins pipelines to build our software.
Our Tech Team
About you / You’re passionate about
We like working with people who can communicate their ideas well and bring their team along with them, no idea is a bad idea. We think engineering is first and foremost about working well together and that autonomy is central to this.
If you’re a self-starting, roll-up-your-sleeves type, Blackdot is the place for you. You’ll get to own projects that really matter in a collaborative environment with the spirit of a startup.
How we hire
We hire smart people and trust them to do what’s right for the business. If you want to work at a company that values your experience, opinions and insights, then Blackdot is the place for you. Our hiring process varies depending on the role and the candidate, but these are roughly the steps you should expect:
- Phone screen – Talent Team
- Take-home test – 3 hours max
- Final interview – F2F – 2/3 Hours
Apply using the form below!
- Bi-weekly half a day back for you to focus on your personal L&D
- 25 days holiday, plus discretionary time off at Christmas, and the chance to carry over 10 days
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business
- Strong work-life balance as a focus of the company
- Health: Cycle to work scheme
- Pluralsight Enterprise Training Package
- Pension ( 3% Employer Contribution )
- Location: 10 minutes by bike to central Cambridge — a fab tech community
- Extras: Free refreshments and snacks aplenty
- Socials: At least two great parties a year, plus pubs, barbeques, punting and table tennis on tap. We always make time for fun!