Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Join our team at Blackdot Solutions — We’re the brains behind Videris, a cutting edge platform that helps tackle serious intelligence challenges like terrorism, money laundering and organised crime. Sure, it’s serious stuff, but we believe in the power of technology to do great things.
A day in the life of a Test Engineer
As a Test Engineer, you will be a key player in one of our Agile development teams. You will be working in close collaboration with all those involved in the engineering effort to design, plan and implement the testing required to ensure our software is the best it can be.
We are technically able engineers comfortable with setting up our testing environments, configuring tools and installing our application under test. The data you are testing against is always changing, you will never have a fixed data set, it’s a fantastic challenge and what makes our testing unique.
- Perform exploratory testing
- Non-structured approach to testing
- Need to be an intelligent thinker and problem solver and ask intelligent test questions
- You will need to have the ability to document and communicate complex technical ideas in a clear and concise manner
- You write your scripted regression testing
- Ideally, awareness and experience of automation tools – we use puppeteer
- Think on your feet, every day is a different day so need to be openminded to adapting to change
- You are inspired by all aspects of testing
- A critical thinker and problem solver
- Working in small multi-disciplinary teams
How we hire
We hire smart people and trust them to do what’s right for the business. If you want to work at a company that values your experience, opinions and insights, then Blackdot is the place for you. Our hiring process varies depending on the role and the candidate, but these are roughly the steps you should expect:
- Phone screen – Talent Team
- Final interview – F2F with Head of Test – 2/3 Hours
Apply using the form below!
- 25 days holiday, plus discretionary time off at Christmas, and the chance to carry over 10 days
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business
- Strong work-life balance as a focus of the company
- Health: Cycle to work scheme
- Pluralsight Enterprise Training Package
- Pension ( 3% Employer Contribution )
- Location: 10 minutes by bike to central Cambridge — a fab tech community
- Extras: Free refreshments and snacks aplenty
- Socials: At least two great parties a year, plus pubs, barbeques, punting and table tennis on tap. We always make time for fun!