Founded in Cambridge in 2011, Blackdot Solutions designs and builds intelligence and investigative software. Our platform, Videris®, is regarded as a global leader. As a business, we are entering an intense period of growth and expansion and are looking for a number of high-calibre individuals to join our forward-thinking development team.
We are focused on delivering our platform into an expanding list of the largest commercial and public sector organisations across the globe. Over recent years, Videris® has been used by recognisable organisations to tackle some of the most complex investigative and intelligence problems that our society faces.
As an Application Analyst you will be at the heart of our software development team in Cambridge, helping to solve some of our hardest problems. Your role will be to support the improvement of our market-leading internet investigation application, Videris. You will work closely with our Support and Product teams to quantify issues, research new features and identify opportunities to improve the product. This role suits a self-motivated individual who has a passion for solving complex problems and who will thrive on the challenge of improving our cutting-edge software. Whilst the role is primarily technical in nature it also requires a significant amount of stakeholder management – you will need to be ready to initiate and manage inter-departmental discussions on a daily basis.
- Identify and then execute initiatives that support the improvement and development of Videris
- Work with our Support team in investigating and quantifying issues experienced by our customers
- Coordinate our beta testing programme – act as a central point of contact for beta users, identify and quantify problems that they experience and coordinate their resolution
- Work with our Product team to research new features for Videris
- Liaise with stakeholders across the business in order to ensure efficient resolution of application problems
- Monitor ongoing issues and identify potential new issues as they arise; maintain meaningful metrics on such issues and how they are resolved
- Prioritise issues and their resolutions as you learn more about the product, clients and the business
- Highly self-motivated – able to comfortably run projects end-to-end
- A keen eye for detail and high standards for quality
- Analytical skills to get to the root cause of complex problems
- A good communicator – be ready to liaise with multiple different departments on a day-to-day basis
- Technical experience of the Windows environment and general computing is highly desirable
Nice to have
- An degree in an analytical or scientific field
- Experience of a Linux environment
- Evidence of a keen interest in software, hardware and technology in general
Please send your CV and a cover letter describing what attracted you to the role and why you think you are suited to it to firstname.lastname@example.org