Blackdot Solutions is recruiting for the position of Software Developer. Blackdot Solutions provide intelligence and investigative software. Our platform, Videris®, is regarded as a global leader. As a business, we are entering an intense period of growth and expansion and are looking for a number of high-calibre individuals to join our forward-thinking development team.
We are focused on delivering our platform to an expanding list of the largest commercial and public sector organisations across the globe. Over recent years, Videris® has been used by well-known organisations to tackle some of the most complex investigative and intelligence problems that our society faces.
About the role
This role at Blackdot will see you develop cutting edge technology to collect, analyse and visualise data acquired from both internet and internal data sources. It is essential that our product remains at the forefront of the market and so we constantly revisit our tech stack to ensure we are taking advantage of the latest technology and best practices. We have a highly professional, competent and technical-based product team that drives the roadmap for Videris®.
Blackdot recognises the benefits of creativity, so we offer a monthly ‘dev day’, where you as an individual are encouraged to learn new skills to spike new ideas that may benefit the product and your teams in the future. We are very proud of the advances that the development and test teams have delivered to the product in the last few months. We back our development team and have been rewarded with excellent results in the form of improvements to standards of design and execution, and delivery to shorter timescales.
Our team has seen massive growth in numbers over 2018 and that is set to continue this year. Throughout this growth, our people have grown too, and we have promoted them to fill new positions.
- Work within one of Blackdot Solutions SCRUM teams to deliver the ongoing product and technical roadmaps to a high quality
- Follow the SCRUM process, including being an active and engaged member of the team in sprint planning meetings
- Adopt the ‘can do’ ethos of the teams
- Pragmatic approach of the design and modelling of solutions to fit the task in hand
- Assist the team in bug fixing as required
- Support senior developers in mentoring junior developers
- Assist with code reviews
- Propose new ideas on the development process
- Work with the product team to deliver solutions that are fit for the user
- Identify and present options on handling technical debt
- Propose ideas relating to the discussions
We are not looking for just any developer, nor are we looking for rock star status. We need problem solvers and great communicators who happen to be fantastic coders. We are seeking an individual who can join one of our SCRUM teams.
Blackdot is looking to hire a team member with strong problem solving and technical skills, with the ability to work under pressure when required and identify priority tasks. We have an open atmosphere in the office and need someone capable of being self-motivated with the ability to work largely unsupervised. It is important that you get on well with others and work constructively within a team.
Blackdot needs a Software Developer who listens effectively to, and understands, verbal and nonverbal signals. Importantly, we want to hear what you have to say and encourage you to engage in open discussions. You should be able to present your thoughts and ideas in an effective manner.
Our product has established a prestigious position in the global marketplace. It is essential that you understand the importance of quality and process and will actively look for opportunities to help improve our systems and methodologies in everything you do.
Technical skills (minimum)
- Good understanding of C#
- Ability to apply best coding practices and follow coding standards
- Experience with Git, feature branching and pull-requests
- Good understanding of RESTful services
- Good understanding of IoC / DI frameworks
- Basic understanding of unit test principles and mocking frameworks, (we use Nunit and NSubstitute)
- Agile (particularly SCRUM) experience
- Basic understanding of browser automation an added bonus
- Experience with WPF, MVVM and Event modelling
- Angular, React or other next-gen framework
- Experience of integrating with third parties
- Understanding of multithreading patterns
- Strong communicator
- Telephone interview
- Technical test (in own time)
- Face to face interview
- Final interview (if required)
£30,000 – £45,000 pa depending on skills and experience