Blackdot Solutions is hiring Graduates! Our software, Videris®, is a world-leading intelligence and investigations platform. As a business, we are entering an intense period of growth and expansion and are looking for a number of high-calibre individuals to join our forward-thinking development team.
About the role
This role at Blackdot will see you join one of our Agile teams to develop and deliver cutting edge technology to collect, analyse and visualise data acquired from both internet and internal data sources. It is essential that our product remains at the forefront of the market and so we constantly revisit our tech stack to ensure we are taking advantage of the latest technology and best practices.
Blackdot recognises the benefits of creativity, and so every Friday our developers take half the day as a “dev” day, where you as an individual are encouraged to learn new skills and spike new ideas that may benefit the product and teams in the future.
We are not looking for just another developer. We need problem solvers and great communicators who happen to be fantastic coders to join one of our SCRUM teams. Importantly, we want to hear what you have to say and we will encourage you to engage in open discussions. You should be able to present your thoughts and ideas in an effective manner.
- Work within our Agile delivery teams to deliver new features, tackle technical debt and resolve bugs
- Contribute to the delivery of our product roadmap by pairing with more senior developers and learn the software development process life cycle.
- Continue to learn and hone skills as a software engineer. Begin working more autonomously as your skills develop.
- Learn, understand and follow the business’ Agile process
- Focus on depth of knowledge and expertise in C#, fundamental design patterns, techniques and best practices
- Be involved with the design and modelling of solutions that fit the task in hand
- A degree in a numerate, scientific or data-intensive discipline
- Excellent team worker with the desire and ability to think independently
- Confidence to challenge the views of others, even those of more senior colleagues
- Self-motivated and the ability to take initiative