We make intelligence and investigative software. Our platform, Videris, is a global leader. It transforms the way companies collect, analyse and visualise internet-sourced data.
Our clients rely on our software for handling critical problems. Governments and the largest commercial organisations across the globe use Videris to tackle some of the most complex investigative and intelligence problems our society faces.
At the moment we’re growing and looking for high-calibre people to join our dynamic team. As we grow, we need more developers at all levels: from graduates through to principal engineers and technical leads.
Who we’re looking for
Technology is at the heart of our business. Our development team has a high degree of autonomy and everyone has the flexibility to be closely involved in architecture, design and technology choices.
We want bright, motivated people who demonstrate initiative and solve problems quickly. Regardless of which technologies you have used or how you learned them, we’re looking for people who can contribute clean, effective code working as part of an agile development team.
We recognise that most developers won’t have experience across our entire stack, so we place a high value on a strong science background (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics and Physics) and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
Our software is constantly evolving, so we need engineers who can do the same. If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat.
What we offer
- Videris transforms the way organisations work with open-source data. We have a passion for creating intuitive, scalable products.
- We offer competitive salaries based on skills and experience and a relaxed working environment in our spacious, brand new offices in Trumpington, Cambridge.
- We believe Blackdot Solutions is one of the best places in Cambridge to be a software developer. You’ll work on a fascinating product with amazing colleagues, learn new technologies and languages, and have a high degree of technical autonomy. Plus you’ll be in an environment that will support and challenge you as you grow and develop.
- We have a whole list of benefits including flexibilty, social events, free refreshments and a cycle to work scheme.
Skills we value
- Strong coding skills with demonstrated proficiency in object-oriented programming. The majority of our codebase is written in C# and Typescript / Node.JS.
- Familiarity with one or more of the front-end technologies we use. Our client is a Windows desktop application (WPF) with embedded web-based visualisations (Angular).
- Prior exposure to at least some of the back-end components contained in our technology stack. We make use of ElasticSearch, MongoDB, MSSQL Server, and RabbitMQ.
- The capacity to develop for and debug issues across a Microservice architecture. We package our backend services using Docker running under Linux and orchestrate their deployment using Kubernetes.
- A clear understanding of the principles of source control and the capacity to contribute to the maintenance of our continuous integration pipeline. We use Git for source control, Artifactory for storing artefacts and Jenkins pipelines to build our software.
- Ability to work in an agile organisation as part of small, interdisciplinary, project-based teams. We typically operate our projects teams using SCRUM but, in some instances, we’ve found KANBAN to be more appropriate.
Our interview process consists of an initial phone screening, a take home coding task and an on-site interview. We won’t ask you any brain teasers or trick questions. We might design a system together on a whiteboard, just like the way we work together, but we won’t make you write code on one.