Associate Product Manager
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
We make intelligence and investigations software. Our platform, Videris, is a global leader. It transforms the way organisations collect, analyse and visualise internet-sourced data. Our clients rely on our software for handling critical problems. Governments, banks and large commercial organisations across the globe use Videris to tackle some of the most complex investigative and intelligence challenges our society faces.
Blackdot Solutions are pleased to offer a graduate role in our Product Team. The role is based in Cambridge.
About the Role
As part of the Product team you will be at the heart of the business. Product managers act as the bridge between the commercial and technical sides of the business. Their role is to balance long term strategy against quick wins and to be the voice of the user inside the company. Expect regular contact with senior decision makers and the opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of the company.
We expect all members of the Product team to have a good understanding of the features and major use cases of our product, Videris. You will also need an excellent understanding of our client base. Therefore, for the first few weeks your time will be focused on training from one of our expert Videris users and learning about the client engagement and sales processes.
On completion of training, you will be based in our Cambridge office alongside other members of our Product team, developers, and client support. We encourage a continuous engagement with wider business affairs through weekly meetings with our customer-facing teams and general communication with other departments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting detailed research and in-depth technical analysis to define user stories and functional requirements for product development
- Gathering feedback and requirements from clients and internal stakeholders
- Working with the Product team define and implement the product roadmap and strategy
- Acting as the product owner in a Scrum team, including backlog grooming, triage and prioritization, and cross-functional coordination
- Being a product expert upon which the commercial side of the business can call during client engagements
- Providing supervision throughout the life cycle of individual projects, including working closely with engineers in technical planning and throughout the implementation process
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree holder with at least a 2:1 from a top university
- Demonstrable interest in technology
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative
- Excellent team worker with the desire and ability to think independently
- Confidence to challenge the views of others, even those of more senior colleagues
- Excellent at communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences, both in writing and verbally.
- 25 days holiday, plus discretionary time off at Christmas, and the chance to carry over 10 days
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business
- Health: Cycle to work scheme
- Pluralsight Enterprise Training Package
- Pension ( 3% Employer Contribution )
- Location: 10 minutes by bike to central Cambridge — a great tech community
- Extras: Free refreshments and snacks aplenty
- Socials: At least two great parties a year, plus pubs, barbeques, punting and table tennis on tap (when Covid restrictions allow). We always make time for fun!