We make intelligence and investigations software. Our platform, Videris, is a global leader. It transforms the way organisations collect, analyse and visualise internet-sourced data. Our clients rely on our software for handling critical problems. Governments and the largest commercial organisations across the globe use Videris to tackle some of the most complex investigative and intelligence challenges our society faces.
Blackdot Solutions are pleased to offer a role in our Product Team, which designs creative solutions for some of the world’s most influential organisations.
About the role
As part of the Product team you will be at the heart of the business. Expect regular contact with senior decision makers and the opportunity to make a significant impact to the future of the company.
We expect all members of the Product team to have a good understanding of the features and major use cases of our product, Videris. You will also need an excellent understanding of our client base. Therefore, for the first few weeks your time will be focused on training from one of our expert Videris users and learning about the client engagement and sales processes.
On completion of training, you will work in our Cambridge office alongside Product team, developers, and client support. We encourage a continuous engagement with wider business affairs through weekly meetings with our London team and general communication with other departments.
As Product Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting detailed research and in-depth technical analysis to define user stories and functional requirements for product development
- Gathering feedback and requirements from clients and internal stakeholders
- Working with the Product team define and implement the product roadmap and strategy
- Acting as the product owner in a Scrum team, including backlog grooming, triage and prioritization, and cross-functional coordination
- Being a product expert upon which the commercial side of the business can call during client engagements
- Providing supervision throughout the life cycle of individual projects, including working closely with engineers in technical planning and throughout the implementation process
You’re a great candidate if you have the following qualities and skills:
- 2+ years of previous commercial experience working in product management, a related area, or an industry in which we operate (e.g. investigations, intelligence, risk, AML)
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative
- Excellent team worker with the desire and ability to think independently
- Confidence to challenge the views of others, even those of more senior colleagues
- Excellent at communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences, both in writing and verbally.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree holder (minimum 2:1) from a top university
Our interview process consists of an initial phone screening, a take-home assessment exercise and an on-site interview.