Our platform, Videris®, is regarded as a global leader, used by an expanding list of commercial and public sector organisations to tackle some of the most complex investigative and intelligence problems that our society faces. As a business, we are entering an intense period of growth and expansion and are looking for a product owner to help create and deliver ambitious new features to our clients.
Blackdot Solutions are pleased to offer a role in our Product Team, who design creative solutions for some of the world’s most influential organisations.
About the role
As part of the Product Team you will be at the heart of the business. Expect regular contact with senior decision makers and the opportunity to make a significant impact to the future of the company.
All members of the Product Team are expected to have a good understanding of the features and major use cases of our product, Videris, and an understanding of our client base. Therefore, for the first few weeks your time will be focussed in London where you will receive training from one of our expert Videris users and learn about the client engagement and sales processes.
On completion of training, you will work in our Cambridge office alongside Product Team, developers, and client support. A continuous engagement with wider business affairs is encouraged through monthly product meetings in London and through general communication with other departments.
- Leading detailed research and in-depth technical analysis to define user stories and functional specifications for product development
- Gathering feedback and requirements from clients and internal stakeholders
- Working with the Product Team to prioritise feedback and define the product roadmap
- Provide supervision throughout the life cycle of individual projects, including working closely with engineers in technical planning and throughout the implementation process
- A degree in a numerate, scientific or data intensive discipline
- Excellent team worker with the desire and ability to think independently
- Confidence to challenge the views of others, even those of more senior colleagues
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research skills and ability to understand new concepts quickly
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines